We request all new patients undergo a full, thorough examination (including x-rays). This is so we can fully understand your oral health and develop an individual treatment plan to suit your needs.
This initial examination must be done before a cleaning (hygiene) appointment is booked and will be on separate days. This is to ensure that there are no oral health issues or emergency treatments that need to be treated prior to a cleaning appointment.
Useful information about our payment and billing options, tips for understanding your insurance coverage and information on financial assistance can be found on our Financial Information page.
Arrive on Time
Please arrive for your initial appointment 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled start time. We will require you to fill out several forms including information on your medical and dental history.
Our appointments are scheduled specifically for each patient’s needs. We try our best to run on time and ask that you also arrive on time for all appointments. If you do arrive late, we will not be able to complete your treatment and in some cases, we may not even be able to start any treatment for you that day.
What to Bring
Please bring all your employee and insurance information with you. The key information we need to process your insurance claim is:
- Insurance company name
- Policy number
- Group number
- Personal identification number (usually your staff ID number)
It would also be beneficial for you to provide us with your coverage booklet. This is often provided to you by your employer. We can then help you understand your dental plan and answer questions that you may have regarding your coverage.
New Patient Examination Process
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time and check in with our front desk staff
- Fill out the new patient forms provided to you and once completed, return them to the front desk staff
- Meet our clinical team and begin your new patient examination, starting with x-rays
- Dr Martin will then complete a diagnostic examination that includes a soft tissue analysis, a functional analysis, an oral cancer screening, an oral habits analysis, smile analysis and periodontal analysis.
- The treatments recommended by Dr Martin will then be presented and fully explained to you using your x-rays and other visual aids.
- Finally, you will meet our Treatment Coordinator who will sit with you in a relaxed and private room to discuss treatments, finance options, schedule appointments and answer any questions you may have. She can also prepare pre-authorizations for upcoming treatments to send to your insurance company for you (if required).
The average new patient appointment will take 30 to 40 minutes, but this depends on how many treatments you need to discuss and schedule with the Treatment Coordinator.
Please call us promptly if you are unable to attend an appointment so this time can then be reallocated to someone who is in urgent need of treatment. Failure to attend an appointment or provide 2 business days notice of your cancellation, will result in a cancellation fee on the second occurrence. If you are unable to contact us during business hours, please call 2 business days ahead and leave a message on our voice messaging service.
Patients who continually cancel or do not attend appointments, will no longer be scheduled.